**About This Item**
The distressed black wooden writing desk has subtle copper painted accents and is accompanied by a leather upholstered chair. On the desktop, you’ll find the beginnings of Poe’s “The Raven,” complete with ink stains from the feather quill pen. There’s also a book, a raven, and a candlestick to illuminate his work while he toiled late into the night.
Inspired by “The Tell-Tale Heart,” I sculpted an anatomical heart and attached it to a display stand. And of course, any writer of stories of murder and mayhem could find inspiration in a human skull!
In Poe’s desk drawer, you’ll find two more pages from “The Raven” – the final stanzas, in fact, along with a smoking pipe. Under the desk, there are a few discarded pages of prose, and a book open to memorable passages from “The Tell-Tale Heart.”
The desk measures approximately 3.3″ tall (to the top shelf), 3.2″ wide and 1.8″ deep (front to back).
The chair measures approximately 3.3″ tall and 1.5″ wide.
1:12 or 1″
**Included in This Listing**
– Distressed black wooden desk with drawer that opens and spiderweb embellishments on each side
– Distressed black wooden chair upholstered with black leather
– Resin human skull
– Polymer clay anatomical heart sculpture on wooden display
– Feather quill pen in inkwell
– Black raven
– 3 manuscript papers with Poe poems printed on them
– Closed book
– Open book with stanzas from “The Tell-Tale Heart”
– 2 crumpled manuscript papers with Poe poems printed on them
– In desk drawer: 1 old-fashioned pipe and 2 manuscript papers with Poe poems printed on them
All items except the open book and two crumpled pages are permanently affixed to the desk.
Due to the value of this piece, I only offer USPS Priority Mail or Priority Mail Express for shipping.
These items are for serious adult collectors only. They are collectibles made for display and decorative purposes only. They are not toys and should not be given to small children as they pose a choking hazard. Made in a smoke-free home studio.
Please be sure to read this listing carefully for everything that is included and the size. If you have any questions about the item, please don’t hesitate to convo me before purchase.
Thanks for looking! Hit “Zoom” to see larger photos for even more detail!